It’s one of those cakes that is so easy to throw together, keeps well and is absolutely delicious.
It does of course have chocolate in it, but also Rye flour, which is naturally low in gluten, producing cakes and bread with a pleasing continental flavour.
This cake recipe is actually a traditional Austrian style, chocolate loaf, that I obtained from the ”Doves Farm” Rye flour packet, it doesn’t last long in our house,
so I usually make 2, enjoy.
Set oven to 180 deg.C.Gas 4.
25g. Glacé peel 3 eggs
75.g Wholemeal Rye Flour
75.g Ground almonds
- Finely dice the peel and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and caster sugar until they thicken.
- Gently melt together the chocolate and butter then beat this into the mix.
- Mix in the flour and cinnamon.
5. Stir in the almonds and peel.Tip the mixture into a 1kg/2lb loaf tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 mins
Great with or without butter cream icing, we sometimes drizzle honey and almonds on top, yes it’s divine.